The naming of Tommy Thompson as Interim President of the University of Wisconsin System, just days after Jim Johnson of Alaska withdrew from consideration,...(read more)
Town of Wyalusing, Grant County; Photographer: Steve Kessenich
- County Seat:
- Contact Info:
130 W. Maple St.
Lancaster, WI 53813
- County Info:
- Grant County, created in 1836 as a territorial county, is named after a trader named James Grant. Located in southwest Wisconsin, the county seat is Lancaster.
- WCA District:
- Land Area:
- 1,168 sq. miles
- 1,212 ft. at Mt. Ida (highest); 621 ft. at Cassville (lowest)
- Big Green, Blue, Grant, Little Grant, Little Platte, Mississippi, Platte, Sinisnawa, Wisconsin
- Major Watershed:
- Mississippi River (Northeast), Wisconsin River (Southeast)
- Geographical Province:
- Western Upland
- Central: Oak savanna, prairie bluestem and composites. South Central: Sugar maple, basswood, and elm. Southwest: Willows, soft maple and ash. Along Mississippi River: White, black and red oak.
- 1930: 38,469